Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Sewing

 Here's the pastel squares and strips quilt so far.  It's one of the nursing home quilts.  I'm going to put a one inch border all around it, then maybe a strip of the patterned fabric also.  Not sure yet.
Johanna came up while I was sewing and asked me to make her a pencil roll for school.  She's in her last semester of college, so this is it for school stuff now.  She picked out the fabrics and told me how she wanted it made.  Real simple.  Oh, and she also had a piece of cat fabric stashed in her room that she wanted a new rice bag made out of!  She wanted to put some cinnamon in with the rice, so we lined it with a couple layers of flannel.  I made her a rice bag a few years ago out of flannel that had penguins, of all things, on it and she just loves it.  Those rice bags work wonders for sore muscles or cramps.

No comments: