Thursday, August 15, 2013

Natural greens

Here's what I have on my kitchen table right now:

Aren't those the prettiest green peppers?  I love those light colored ones.  They are a bit milder and the skin is not as thick as the dark green ones.  My great uncle called me up and said he had some pepper for me tonight so I ran over and picked them up.  Going to throw them in the freezer.

Finished the purple 16 patch and 4 patch quilt top tonight.  Put a 4" border on it that really set it off. 

After I got done with it, I was going to come downstairs, but a box of squares caught my eye.  It was from the quilting room at church.  When the ladies quit quilting, they left a few odds and ends in the quilting room.  A box of squares and a few swatches of material were sent my way.  Well, there was a shoebox full of 2 1/2" squares in solid colors - pink, green, yellow, blue, and white.  I figured I would need 625 squares to make a quilt the right size for the nursing home, so I sat there and counted the squares.  I came up with about 125 short.  There's enough yardage there to make more than enough to make up the difference.  So, the 10th nursing home quilt has been decided on.  Pastel solid squares.  I see lots of chain piecing in my future...

Had lunch with my quilty friend, Sandy, today.  She is making a gorgeous quilt done in rows.  It's a class at a local quilt shop.  The fabrics are just beautiful and the pattern is turning out to be quite stunning.  Will have to get a picture of it when she's done and put it up, if she says okay, that is!

There is a slight possibility that I might get to attend one of Bonnie Hunter's workshops in October.  She is coming to Peoria and if there is room, I am going to get into a class.  The gal who is coordinating it sent me an email today and I responded immediately.  Haven't heard back from her yet.  Hope I can get in!

No comments: