Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Match 'em up

Today I matched up 102 small sets of pieces for spool blocks.  I'm keeping these in a basket next to the sewing machine and just grab one as I need it. 

I matched up the two patch blocks to make 18 four patch blocks and pressed them.  Then I sewed some of the four patch blocks to some of the sixteen patch blocks.  I was in the sewing room for about an hour, and was ready to quit, so I didn't get them all sewn together.  They are going together quickly.

I made bacon wrapped bbq hot dogs on the grill tonight.  There's also stuffed peppers left, but I think Ev took some to work tonight.  I get a kick out of it when he comes home and tells me the guys at work all are jealous of his meals when he takes something good!  I think he takes the good stuff just to get them that way!  haha.

The weather has been so comfortable and cool.  It's so unusual for August.  I am not complaining! 

1 comment:

Lynley said...

oh, bacon wrapped hot dogs! that sounds so summery :)