Saturday, August 17, 2013

Patches and strips

Changed it up a bit from the tenth quilt being all squares.  Once I started sewing the squares together I realized that they were not exactly the same size.  The majority were three inches square but there were so many that weren't it wasn't going to look right if I tried to line up the seams.  I thought it might work if I offset the seams, but it just didn't appeal to me.  Johanna and I put our heads together and came up with doing a row of the pastel squares then a row of one inch solid material and then a row of a print.  The one inch solid will border the pastel squares on each side.  The print will be consistent and be three inches wide.  She picked the materials out and I'm going with it.

I have all the pastel squares rows put together and started sewing the one inch strips onto them.

Took Ivy for a walk today.  She seemed to like it, especially when we went by number eight pond.

I got an email and I can attend the Saturday workshop in Peoria of Bonnie Hunter's!  Very excited about it!

1 comment:

bunbear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.