Thursday, August 1, 2013

I like this alot

This is half of the Four Patch Plaid quilt.  The blocks are sewn into rows, but I don't have the rows sewn together.  This is six rows and I need 13.

I really like the way this scrappy mix looks so far.  There are a few pops of yellow, but mostly it's green and tan.  It is going together fairly quickly, too.  I put this much together in about an hour tonight.  Don't know if I will have time to work on it tomorrow as I have plans to go out to eat, but I would guess by the end of the weekend the top should be done.  It will definitely need at least one border, maybe two, to calm it down some.  I think maybe a muslin border for the first one.  Maybe a pleasant green for the second?

2 comments:

horsnaround said...

I really like this, it reminds of some of the quilts my grandma used to make. Very pleasing to the eye. :)

Dora, the Quilter said...

I like this too!