Monday, May 5, 2014

Decisions, decisions

I have the Paducah Swap top all sewn up except for the borders.  Here are a couple of options I am considering:


As much as I like the purple floral print fabric, it just doesn't seem to go with this quilt.  The dark purple under it doesn't have the same pattern as the cornerstones, but it is close.

The second picture shows a lighter purple for the first border which I really like.  I think that is what I'm going to go with, then a white outer border.

Not sure if I will be working on that tonight or not.  May go to quilt club with Sandy this evening.  I was up in the sewing room before work this morning pressing the center of this top and auditioning fabric.  That was thanks to Ivy getting me up earlier than usual.  I was ready to go and had some time on my hands.  The problem with that is that I want to stay home then, instead of going to work!

And just for your viewing pleasure, here's the porcupine fabric that called my name in Hancock's of Paducah.
I just know, somewhere, sometime, I am going to want to make something that has porcupines in it!  hee hee.  Johanna saw it and already wants a rice bag out of it to go with her other rice bag that has penguins on it!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.


No comments: