Monday, May 12, 2014

I finally started it!

I finally started quilting the church quilt.  This quilt was a collaborative effort.  One lady's mother embroidered the blocks, then she put them together and put a border around them.  Now I am quilting it.  There are actually three borders on it and they had me roadblocked.  I couldn't figure out how to quilt them.  I was all ready to go, just could not make that first stitch, when Johanna dropped by Saturday morning.  She came downstairs and I bounced some ideas off of her.  With her suggestions and encouragement, the dam was broken and I was able to start quilting.  And once I did, I gained a lot of confidence, because it really didn't look that bad!  I am my own worse critic, you know...

Here's a peak at just a corner that I have done.  There's still a long way to go before it's done, but at least I know what I'm doing on it now!

I have quilted all the border areas now and have to begin on the embroidery squares.  They have blue lines to follow, so that gives me some guidance at least.

Yesterday I had a real nice Mother's Day.  The kids came over and we grilled out.  After they left, I was sitting on the front porch just admiring the moon.  I thought it just looked so pretty and it was so peaceful.




1 comment:

horsnaround said...

OMGoodness girl, I LOVE the quilting you are doing on this one!! It looks fabulous!! Keep up the good work! :)