Thursday, May 15, 2014

Embroidery blocks

Did some quilting last night on the quilt for the church raffle.  There are 8 embroidery blocks on this quilt.  I am following the dotted lines for the actual quilting on these blocks.  To say the least, it is tedious.  I'm okay with the majority of it, but inside the block is a grid pattern that goes around a center motif of embroidery.  There's a lot of stop and go in that section and it's rather a pain.  Last night I was able to finish one row of these blocks.  There are 4 rows. 

Went to the doctor in the afternoon for the results of my blood work.  It was pretty much as I expected.  I must lose weight or I am going to have serious health issues.  Doc wants more tests in November, so I better get moving here.

Also took Ivy to the vet.  She got all her shots and a check up.  All is well with the pup.  While at the vet, a couple other dogs came in.  Ivy was really good around them.  She even loved on a few of the people that wanted lovin'!

We have a rainy and cool day here.  I'm not really complaining because it will be hot and humid soon enough. 

Going to have lunch with Johanna and Ev.  Then tonight Nick is coming by after lessons.  I'm going to put a pizza in the oven from Aldi for him.

Tonight Bonnie Hunter is having Quilt Cam.  Poor Nick will have to suffer through it if he is at the house while it's on!  hee hee hee. 

Oh, and the little wild duck Ben and Johanna found didn't survive.  Poor little dude.  After looking at it closer, I think it was a Mallard duckling, not a Wood Duck.  They live close to a large lake and several farm ponds, so it's not uncommon to see ducks in the area, just not that close to the house.

No comments: