Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I like it

Last night I put the first border on the Paducah scrappy quilt.  It's a light purple print that I used in Johanna's jewel box quilt years ago.  I can't even remember how many yards of it I must have bought because I really have a lot of it left!
Now another border of white will go all the way around it and the top will be done.  Yup.  I like it a lot!  I was a bit concerned about going from a dark cornerstone fabric to the light border, but it transitions well and gives it some depth.  The white strips are all cut, they just need to be sewn together.  I'm hoping to do that tonight.

Ivy has a new thing.  Seems like whenever I get on the phone, she barks at me!  Maybe she thinks I'm talking to her, but it's getting a little bit aggravating (even though it is cute!)



I mean, really, who could resist this face?

1 comment:

Lynley said...

I like it too! those purples work really well together