Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Paducah Swap Quilts

The blocks that Mary and I swapped while in Paducah have all been put into quilt tops.  Here's what Mary's look like:
She chose to use different colored cornerstones and white sashing.  I think it looks very pretty!  Can't wait until it's all quilted to see it.

Here's what mine looked like:

I used all purple squares for the cornerstones and white for the sashing.  I think both of our tops turned out very nicely.  Looking forward to doing this again next year! 

I started making blocks for the Green Bay Packer quilt.  It's moving right along, so hope to make good progress on it. 

Had a very nice Memorial Day weekend.  Went to a graduation party on Saturday for my nephew.  Sunday and Monday just did some stuff around the house.  Had a couple plumbing issues to deal with, but they mostly got taken care of.  Ev still has to fix a leaky pipe.

Took Ivy for quite a few walks.  She really enjoys that.  She especially enjoys walking wherever there are a lot of rabbits running around.  She would have made a good rabbit hound.

When we were at the graduation party, which was at the old lake, there were two very tame ducks walking around.  I had taken Ivy to the party for a short time and she just walked up to the ducks and sniffed them, then didn't pay them any more attention at all!  That surprised me!

No comments: