Monday, May 19, 2014

Pictures

 Here's the church raffle quilt as it came off the frame.  All in all, I'm pleased with it.
The lower corner in the picture above was a difficult spot.  The top wasn't totally square and I had to do some easing while I quilted.  I was discouraged about it yesterday but today when I looked at it again it didn't seem all that bad.
The embroidery squares were stitched by Linda's mother, who has passed (I'm pretty sure she has - Linda got very choked up when she saw them all quilted).  Linda sewed them together and put the green, blue, and white borders on.  She also provided the backing and sent some batting for me to use.  I didn't use it because I am familiar with the cotton and know how it acts.

Linda is going to put the binding on it now.  She has a few weeks before it has to be done.  They will start selling raffle tickets at the Homecoming in June and will draw for it at the Chicken Dinner in August.

2 comments:

Lynley said...

That looks wonderful! I like how you've outlined the embroidery, it suits it perfectly.

bunbear said...

Thank you, Lynley! The embroidery blocks had markings for quilt lines, so I really can't take credit for placement.