Thursday, May 22, 2014

This is not a quilt picture

I bought a pedometer yesterday, in the hopes that it will inspire me to walk more.   
So far, I have taken a couple more walks than I normally would have.  This morning it was such a beautiful morning when I woke up, and it was earlier than I had to be up, so I put on my walking shoes and Ivy and I set off for a short early morning walk.  It was nice and cool, and the sun was shining.  Met a couple other walkers along the way, even.

Since this is already a non-quilty post, I want to add to it.  This is a rant, so if you don't want to read my opinion, please just move on.  I know not everyone shares my views.

In an effort to make my life better, I try to eliminate any negatives that I can control because I know there are plenty that I can't control and will have no choice but to deal with them.  Yesterday, a simple lunch with co-workers turned into one of those negatives.  I'm sharing this here because I need to get it out of my head and move on...  The one gal has been a very negative presence for many years, and I try to avoid contact, but circumstances have thrown us closer together lately and having lunch once in a while with a third person that comes into the office twice a month has been happening.  So far, I'm sure you are thinking this sounds rather mundane.  And really, it is, but it's the mind set and behavior that bothered me.

The gal who comes in twice a month was telling stories and got on a tear about a co-worker of hers in her main office who threw out some food she had in the refrigerator at work for lunch (it was leftover steak and seafood from a dinner out the night before).  When she confronted this person, they apologized and bought her an uncooked steak and potato from the grocery store.  Now, I know that isn't the same, but it's more than I would have done, let me tell you.  Anyway, this gal that comes in here was complaining about her and how she dislikes her so much, yada yada yada.  I thought this was a real petty attitude to take and was generally disgusted by it.

The co-worker that I have to be around all the time is generally not a nice person either.  One incident, among many, that stands out in my mind was when we had a worker from another agency in our office who was elderly and had to use the bathroom a lot.  One time this lady had to go and my co-worker was in the bathroom and stayed in there for over 20 minutes.  When she came out she told me she heard the other lady pacing back and forth in front of the door so she stayed in there an extra long time!  Another incident that occurred was when she took the woman's space heater for her area because hers broke and she felt she should have one rather than the other gal (who sat right in front of the outside doors, not in an enclosed office like the other one had).

So, dear readers, if you are still with me, I have decided NOT to spend my lunch time with these people anymore.  And lest you think this is a group of young women, it's not.  They are all middle aged and should know better.

I'm done. 

No comments: