Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Just ducky

Last night after work I went over to Johanna and Ben's place for about an hour.  We were sitting on the patio when this little duck runs right over to us!
Isn't he the cutest thing?  I am pretty sure he is a Wood Duck baby.  We didn't see any other ducklings or a mama duck.  (What are mama duck's called?  Hens?)

I had the opportunity to play with the new litter of kittens they have.  Cutest little things ever!  And those kittens are growing fast.  They don't like to be far from mama cat though.  It cracks me up because a couple of them sleep and nurse at the same time!  Best of both worlds I guess.

My next stop was to see Nick for a bit.  We ended up going out to eat, so by the time I got home it was almost 8.  Didn't do much of anything after that.  Made Ev a bit of supper, but then I was done for the night.

Had some heavy rain through the night and still expecting more.  The farmers should like that.

So, no sewing to report.  Wednesday is going to be my day to sew.  I leave work early for a doctor appointment and then in the evening the cleaning ladies come, so I should have a little extra time to work on the church quilt.

No comments: