Sunday, April 15, 2012

Here it is

This is the star struck top I have been working on.  It's a good size for a wheelchair lap quilt.  I've decided that it's just not "baby" enough to be a baby quilt, so I'll save it for a Christmas present.  Since the baby isn't due until August, I have enough time to get another top made.  Oh, and I'll add a border or two to this top before I quilt it.  These stars were made from scraps from my 36 patch quilt.  It's Bonnie Hunter's pattern.  Very easy and I like the look of it.  I did change it up just a bit from Bonnie's. 

I still have some strip sets left over from the 36 patch.  What I'd like to do is cut them into four and a half inch pieces, and then either set them alternating directions or even add a plain square in between them.  I'm already thinking ahead to making the quilts for the nursing home this year.

Anyone want another clue as to what my news is?  Hee hee hee.  I'm trying to think of a good clue to give you that won't give it away...  Stay tuned!  :)

No comments: