Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Slow day and pieces to the puzzle

It's been a somewhat slow day at work today.  Kind of had ups and downs.  I am just waiting for quitting time.  I really need a nap!  Last night, I woke up around 3 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep for almost two hours.  That was not good.  And wouldn't you know, when I woke up at 3, it was from a nightmare about my secret!  I dreamt that when it came it was all broken into pieces!  Talk about silly.

I should know more tonight about when it will be arriving.  The seller contacted me late last night via text message and said he will be calling tonight.  We have been in contact both via text and phone calls for over a week now and I'm thinking he should have some firm details tonight for me.

Here's a little bit more of the story - not really clues, but at least some pieces to the puzzle! 

I found this item through an online search.  The closest I could find what I really want is four hours away.  The sellers are a father/son pair.  The father lives four hours away to the west of me.  The son lives 8 hours away from me to the east.  The son will have to drive 12 hours to his dad's, load up the item in a truck, and then drive it 4 hours to me.  We have to work out the logistics.  If he (the son) cannot do this, I have other options, but this one certainly is the easiest for me.

If necessary, my son and I could make the drive, pick up the item, and come home.  I think it would fit in the bed of the pickup truck, but I know it would hang out some and I'm not nuts about driving on the highway with it that way. 

Another option is to have a third party go pick it up and bring it to me.  This is an expensive option, as the third party wants a pretty good chunk of change to do this.  They, however, are experts in breakdown, transport, and set up of the item.  I wish it were not so expensive, because I really would go this route if I could.

Stay tuned, more puzzle pieces will be on the way soon....  :)

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I didn't get much sleep either ... not long after you woke up (and couldn't fall back to sleep), I was just falling asleep.

Are you taking guesses what what your surprise is? ;-)

bunbear said...

hee hee, you can guess, but i'm not going to tell...yet! it's getting harder and harder to keep my mouth shut!

i just hate it when i wake up in the middle of the night, because i just think about how much longer i have until the alarm goes off and i have to get up for the day!