Thursday, June 14, 2012

Add a block, subtract a block...

That's what I did tonight.  I added a block to my patriotic collection and took one away to remake it.  It was the big pinwheel block that looked out of place.  The pieces were too big, so I cut it down to just being a smaller pinwheel for the center of a block.  Not sure what I will put around it yet.

The block I made was sixteen half square triangles put together.  I used the triangle papers to make the little blocks.  That's a good method for me when I have to make half square triangles.

I want to set up one of my machines in the basement so while the longarm is warming up I can be doing little things, like maybe string blocks or something.  I also want to get that Featherweight machine going.  I'm kind of roadblocked on it.  I don't want to tear it apart anymore because I think I'll be in over my head.  I found a Singer repair person in Springfield that seems to be familiar with them so Nick is going to run it up there for me one of these days.  Probably take it up there next Thursday.

No comments: