Thursday, June 21, 2012

Being picky

Yes, once again, I was picking out stitches...sigh.  I put the wall hanging on the longarm, even though it is small enough to manage on the domestic machine.  I stitched in the large outer border some loopy meander, then started stitching in the center blocks.  Didn't like what I stitched, so I spent precious time picking.  Again.  My eyeballs were about to fall out, so I quit last night about 8:30, but it was still on my mind.  This morning, before I left for work, I went downstairs and finished picking out the stitches, then adjusted it so it's ready to go tonight when I get home.  I found a design to use that I like.  My problem is that I just couldn't get the creativity going good enough to do something free hand.

Soooo, what I think I might do, is take a bunch of orphan blocks, the real dogs, and put them together in the ugliest combination I can think of.  Then when I want to quilt it, I won't be concerned about what it looks like!  I just can't bring myself to practice on two pieces of muslin for very long, because it seems like a waste.  I want to be quilting a top!  wah wah wah

Now that I have that whining out of my system...lol... I think that's what I'll do.  Then it can go in the trunk of my car for emergencies, or on the floor in the basement for the dog, or out on the deck for Johanna to lay on by the pool.  It's not an issue of learning to use the longarm, it's more an issue of getting my creativity kick started.  I just seem to stare at the blocks and come up blank when it comes to figuring out what to quilt in them.  I did okay on the Words quilt, so I know I can do it.

My friend and I have planned to go to Arthur in a couple of weeks, since we didn't get to go a while back.  I have scheduled the Thursday and Friday after the Fourth of July off and she was able to get one of the days off also, so we are meeting there for a day of fun!  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: