Thursday, June 21, 2012

Waiting for binding

Here's a pic of my patriotic wall hanging waiting patiently for binding:


I'm pleased that the quilting is finished on it, but realize I have a long way to go before I'm good at quilting on Gemma.  I chickened out and used the stitch regulator for the entire project.  Something new that I did was to put the laser pointer on the front end and quilt from the front of the machine using a pattern and the laser pointer.

So tomorrow night (hopefully) I will get it bound and put the hanging sleeve on the back.  Then I'll hang it on the wall and see how long it takes my husband to notice it!  lol

I still have several naughty blocks that wouldn't play nice (Diana and LaDonna :)) with each other.  I'm thinking they may go into the practice quilt.  Not sure yet.  I might be able to grit my teeth and throw them together with something that ties them all together in a lap quilt for the nursing home later this year.

No comments: