Friday, June 8, 2012

In the home stretch

That's where I'm at with the baby quilt that's on the frame.  It has one and a half passes left to go and it will be quilted and just need to be bound.  Good thing, because the shower is Sunday afternoon!  Nothing like cutting it close...  haha.  I'll have it done by tomorrow afternoon.

Still tweaking the basement area where I sew.  I did some rearranging last week and tonight I hung up a shop light over the longarm.  I was going to purchase two shop lights from Wal Mart and hang them, but my husband and son convinced me to just try one first and see if it was enough.  And the good part was that there was a spare shop light from in the shed that we already had and I didn't have to go buy anything!  So now I have light over the quilt area and it helps immensely.  I think one light is sufficient.  I'll take some pics this weekend and post them.

Nick cracks me up.  Right now, him and a friend of his are sitting on the deck by the pool.  They have Nick's television out there on the deck and are streaming movies from Netflix to it!  It's like their own private drive in movie theater, and it's poolside!  How cool is that?

2 comments:

Lynley said...

So cool to have finished something on the long arm! Everyone says there is a steep learning curve when you first start, how are you finding it?

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I finished the quilting on my Irish chain last night. I'm gung ho to get it bound, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.