Monday, June 11, 2012

A fox and a toad

For about a week now I have been meaning to take a walk down to the old church.  I had heard that there was a family of foxes living in the culvert down there.  Well, tonight, one of those foxes came trotting down to our end of the street just as I was getting home from work!  Just as pert as could be and not afraid of anything, that little brown fox was out and about!

Then, as I got out of the car to go into the house, there was a big fat toad sitting on the sidewalk right at the bottom of our front steps.  All I can think is that we had a bit of rain today and all the creatures were getting out and enjoying the moisture, since it had been so dry for so long.

When my friend and I walked on our break at work we saw two little chipmunks and a rabbit.  Quite the nature day today!

I made another block for my patriotic wall hanging tonight.

No comments: