Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pics, Update, and Thanks

Not necessarily in that order.  First, thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Sharon.  She did not get the transplant, and has been temporarily (hopefully) been removed from the donor list until an issue can be resolved.  Her and her family have been on a roller coaster ride, for sure.

And now for a few pics...

Here is the diaper trike that I promised to show you.  There are diapers, receiving blankets, a sippy cup, baby socks, bibs and other goodies on it.  It was really cute.

This is the baby quilt I made for the mother to be.  There are two different dinosaur prints and some mottled solids and a matching border print. 

Here's the back of the quilt.  I had to piece it to make it big enough.  I liked the way it turned out too.  The binding was made with different colors of the mottled solids.  That was kind of fun.

This picture didn't turn out very well.  I was trying to get a close up of the quilting.  I used a panto from Linda Taylor's book and a varigated cotton thread.

So my quilting on the longarm is coming along.  I'm still just having a great time with it.  I don't have anything on it right now and I'm feeling kind of lost...

I started a quick project today.  I'm making different block patterns out of patriotic fabric to put in a wall hanging.  So far I've made four blocks.  They are going to finish at 8".  I think I'll have 9 or 12 blocks in it, not sure yet.  Just kind of winging it.

No comments: