Saturday, August 6, 2011

All in a days work

Today was a busy day in the kitchen.  I put up 4 quarts of refrigerator pickles and prepared 8 bags of peaches for the freezer.  There is another half bushel of peaches waiting for me to get at, but that will be for another day. 

I went out and mowed the grass using the rider.  I just mowed outside the fence and it still sorely needs to be weed wacked, but that can also wait for another day.  Ev can do that part if he gets time.

After all this, I jumped in the pool!  Sure felt good!  Stayed in for about half an hour.  Water temp was around 84, so not as warm as it had been in the past couple weeks.  I was so hot and icky from mowing, even though it was only on the rider, getting in the cooler water was no problem at all!

The only sewing I did today so far was to mend a couple of pairs of Nick's jeans so he had something to wear this weekend!  He and his girlfriend are going to visit family up North and to a concert in Chicago.  I also gave him  my Kohl's card and told him to make sure he stops there and gets himself some new jeans!

I also made a little pouch for my sunglasses in my purse.  I just wanted something to help from getting scratches on the lenses.

Probably go upstairs to sew later tonight.  I'm ready to press and cut more material for the 36 patch blocks!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

can you tell me how to freeze peaches? I have never done that.
Thanks!