Saturday, August 13, 2011

Still no dryer

I know I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was excited because my dryer would be delivered in a day or two.  Well, we still don't have the new dryer.  When I called to schedule delivery, it had not come in to the store.  After a bit of confusion and aggravation, I was informed that it would not be in the store until August 15th, that it was back ordered.  This is not a big deal, because my dryer is still working, but I was getting kind of antsy about getting those grills and the old washer off of my patio!  I guess Ev must have sensed that, because yesterday he and Nick and Bethany loaded up as much of the stuff as they could and scrapped it.  I think we were all pleasantly surprised that they got almost 70 bucks for that pick up truck load!  Now, when the dryer comes, they can scrap it and the few things they couldn't get loaded into the truck this last time.  It's nice to have my patio back.

Nick had a couple of friends over last night.  Ivy behaved pretty good once she got used to them.  We have got to get her to stop jumping on people when they come in.  sigh. 

This coming week Ev and I are going to Meremac Caverns, a two hour drive from home, just to have something to do for our vacation.  It will be a day trip and I've convinced him that Ivy should go along.  They have kennels to put the dogs in while you tour the caverns, so that won't be a problem.  There is a State Park in the area and I thought it would be neat to walk some of the trails there also.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

My DH has been junking old tractor parts and he too was surprised at the total...the back of the house has never looked better. Have a great time at the caverns. Was there many years ago and enjoyed it.