Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Keep on working on those blocks!

I'm going at these 36 patch blocks like there's no tomorrow and loving them!  still!  I have strips sewn together for 14 more blocks and material ready to be cut into strips for 7 more.  I like having these blocks in a couple different stages because it gives me options.  If I'm in the mood to sew, there's something to do.  If I'm in the mood to iron (ha, like that ever happens...) there are blocks to press.  As well as if I'm in the mood to cut or to pick out fabrics.  Maybe it's this manic way of going about things that has really gotten me enthused about this project.  I've already got ideas in my head about how to make another one in just one color scheme.  Nuts, I know...  but so much fun!

I did take time off to read a quick short book my friend at work recommended.  It was "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo.  It was a good read and really made me think about a lot of things.

No comments: