Friday, August 12, 2011

Why I keep a lint roller in my sewing room

Shadow cat seems to like sleeping on my pressing board!  That's okay, because she doesn't shed much and what little she does, I get up with a quick swipe from the lint roller.  Doesn't she look peaceful laying there?  This cat is a pretty good companion, I will say that.
While kitty was lounging on the pressing board to my right, I cut quite a few stacks of squares from the strip sets.  Each one of these little squares is a stack of 18 two-sies ready to be sewn into 36 patch blocks.  I have already been in the sewing room for three hours today, one of which was before work, but intend to get up there again tonight.  I should be able to make some more progress and have a few squares done.

After this batch is sewn, I will only need 15 more blocks to make the king sized quilt.  I tallied up the amount of squares in each color family on my white board and, as expected, I need more browns, oranges, and yellows.  I hadn't really hit those bins yet, so that is where I will concentrate getting the last group of blocks from.  There are only a few grey/black blocks, but I don't think I will be adding too many more of them.  A couple is all it will really need, I think.

No comments: