Saturday, August 27, 2011

More peaches!

Would you believe I put another batch of peaches in the freezer today?  I think we have enough peaches to last the winter now.  Or at least for a good part of it!  One entire basket in my freezer is nothing but peaches, and that wasn't enough room.  I had half again that many bags.  I see lots of peach pies for us and Uncle Ray!  Good thing, too, because his apple tree didn't do so well this year.  In fact, he didn't even get enough apples at one time to make a pie!  I think we had a late frost or something that got the blossoms.

Nick just rolled out of bed (it's nearly 2pm...must be nice!).  I'm going to go upstairs here shortly and work on that last batch of 36 patch blocks.  Last night I didn't do anything on them.  Went to dinner with Lori and visited here for a while with her.  Then talked on the phone to an old friend for almost an hour.  By that time it was after 9 and I was tired.  All that floor mopping in the afternoon did me in!

No comments: