Friday, August 5, 2011

Blocks and pies

 Today I was up early enough that I finished up 7 blocks before work.  They were already in strip sets and go pretty fast after that.
 When I got home I finished another 7.  I know I photographed them in groups of 6 but that's just easier because I use my freezer to lay them out on and I would have to stand on a chair if I grouped more than 6 together at a time...
 Do you have any educated guesses as to what kind of pies these are?  They look and smell wonderful.  I just hope they taste good.  I'm taking one over to my uncle tomorrow morning.  They are strawberry rhubarb pies.  I bought a case of peaches today to freeze so I can make peach pies.  This will be the first crate I freeze.  Usually get a couple crates before the season is over.  They are the Calhoun County Freestone Peaches and they are very good. 
 And this jumble of fabrics is my next several sets of fabric pairings for more blocks!  I have 35 blocks completed as of today.  Almost half way there!

No comments: