Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last group of fabrics for blocks picked

I chose the fabric combinations for the last 15 blocks of the 36 patch quilt.  They are mostly brown and cream combos.  Today I finished the other 15 blocks that were in the works.  They are all done, pressed, and ready to rock and roll when I get the last 15 done.  I'm anxious to start auditioning block layouts.   Not quite sure where I'm going to be able to lay them out so that I can see them all...  What have I gotten myself into?  haha.

Ordered the book "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt" from Amazon and got it in the mail today.  Somewhere on the 'net there is a quilt a long with this book, I think.  I have seen the ladies on "A Sisterly Connection" have done a few of the blocks, but not sure if they are participating in a quilt a long or what.  I think the book will make for interesting reading, even if I don't do the quilt.

Johanna and Ben brought the couch and loveseat over this morning.  This is the set that used to be my Grandmother's.  They no longer have room for it, and I really wanted to get rid of the couch we had, since Ivy did such a number on it.  The furniture looks nice in my front room.  The couch isn't really comfortable, but it is in great shape and is a sofa bed.  Maybe it just needs to be broken in....

They also came by later with Johnathon and we had a great time.  He got in the pool with Johanna and Ev while Ben and I went to pick up some chicken for lunch.  Nick even got in the pool for a bit with them.  We are all going to their house tomorrow for a bbq.  Will be a good way to end our vacation.

No comments: