Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No more mr. rotary cutter for a while

I have to admit, after cutting all those strips, then cutting the strip sets after they were sewn, I'm pretty burned out on cutting right now.  Here's a look at the last of the Mohicans, so to speak...  The little piles each represent the makings of one block in the form of twosies, and this is the last bunch of them to be made for the 35 patch quilt.

As I finished up with the cutting, I had some bits and pieces of strips and strip sets that have been collecting from all 72 blocks.  It's quite a collection and I'm thinking it might turn into another quilt in some way shape or form.  Maybe four patch blocks alternating with solids...  Hmmmm.  Will have to ponder a while...  hee hee hee.

So for those who have been reading this blog and probably think I'm a fool for keeping my dog, considering the amount of damage she has done....I have a question.  How do you keep your dog from barking outside at night when you let them out to do their business?  We have a fenced in back yard so we don't have to walk the dog, but lately she has decided to just bark and bark and bark.  Only at night, though.  And she is just barking at the wind!  Agh!

Oh and another ongoing saga...my new dryer isn't working.  I kept thinking to myself that I had to be smarter than the dryer, that it was just me not knowing what settings to use, and that was why the clothes weren't getting dry.  Well, last night when I put a normal load of towels into the dryer on high heat for an hour and they still weren't dry, I was finally convinced it wasn't me, but that the dryer was just not heating up properly.  It gets warm, but not hot.  First thing this morning I called about it and they ordered a new one and it should be delivered next Tuesday.  I hope....

No comments: