Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Completed baby quilt



Here are a few pics of the baby quilt I gave my friend's new grandbaby at the shower Sunday.  I thought that pink material with the little ducks was really cute.  I used it on the back and on the front.  This was a mystery on one of the groups I belong to.  The pale color is actually a mottled very light green.  I like to think that those little ducks are walking in the green grass, eating flowers from the purple area, and enjoying the bright yellow sunshine!  hee hee hee.

The quilting was just a meandering loopy loop, pretty close together.  It made the quilt a little stiffer than if I had quilted it farther apart, but it will soften up after a couple washes.

It was a good thing that she had the shower last Sunday because yesterday she had the baby!  Little baby girl, weighing 5 lbs, 14 oz!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Nice finish for a little baby.