Saturday, March 17, 2012

Making progress

I have the tee shirt quilt just about all the way quilted.  I have 13 of the 16 blocks quilted in and it will be a short job to finish up the last 3.  Then I can label it and bind it and be DONE! 

I had to try out the new gas grill tonight.  It's small, but it got the job done.  I grilled zucchini and veggie burgers for Nick, then put garlic bread and chicken wings on the grill.  We also had corn on the cob in the microwave and some baked beans (just from a can).  It was a pretty good meal.

It has been raining most of the afternoon, but I was bound and determined we were going to have grilled food, so I pulled the grill close to the back door and put a folding stool there for me to sit on!  The eaves and awning kept me reasonably dry.  I was, however, pretty smoky smelling by the time I was done.  I just now got out of the shower, and intend to do some more quilting before the night is out.  I just couldn't stand the smoky smell for too long and didn't want to get any bbq on the quilt!  haha.

The thunderstorm we had wasn't the worse of the bunch, seeing as we have had storms for a few days in a row now.  However, there was this one strike of lightening that was just amazing.  I was sitting in the front room with the door open and saw this long strike of lightening, but rather than just immediately disappear, it disintegrated, like a Fourth of July firework.  It was really pretty, actually. 

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Do you think it might hit something? The lightening I mean and that is why it appeared to be disintegrating? I love nature's displays.

bunbear said...

It's possible it hit something, that's for sure. At least the area it was in is sparsely populated, so if it did hit, it probably wasn't a home. I was thinking it might have looked like that because of the amount of moisture in the air, maybe? I don't know, but it sure was beautiful!