Saturday, March 3, 2012

A good day

Had a good day despite the change in plans.  I finished up the binding on the baby quilt for the shower tomorrow.  That didn't take too long.

I started cutting the pieces of the tee shirts for the quilt into uniform squares.  There are 16 pieces, so the quilt will be four by four.  14 of the pieces were large enough to cut into 17" squares, but two were about an inch and a half shy on the sides.  I talked to the gal who the quilt is being made for, and she agreed with me that I would just piece some extra material on those two squares.  I didn't intend to get them all squared up today, but I did!  I just need to add the extra pieces to those two squares, then arrange them in a nice way.  I may be able to get that top put together tomorrow if I'm lucky!

There was quite a bit of yardage of this black material from that bunch of material I just got.  I'll be using it to back this quilt, I think.  Now all I need to do is figure out how to machine quilt it...  I am a little concerned about doing it because it's knit material, but I will just do my best and go slow until I get a feel for it.

Went to my friend's party tonight.  Had a good time.  Would have been more fun if Ev could have gone, but work is work.  It was funny because I left there at 9 p.m. and drove past the plant on my way home.  There were quite a few cars and trucks (mostly trucks - almost all the guys that work there seem to drive trucks) leaving the parking lot.  I thought to myself that they must have been let go early, since they usually work until eleven.  When I got home, I went in the front door and Ivy comes bounding to meet me and Ev was walking in the back door!  He just got home and parked in back.

My weather radio came today.  I have it all programmed and set up on my nightstand.  It's also a clock radio, so I've got that working too.  I feel safer having it, especially after all the terrible storms that have been hitting lately.

1 comment:

Lynley said...

Good luck with the storms! that sounds a bit scary.