Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pictures!

As promised, here are the pictures of the tee shirt quilt I put together and quilted for a coworker.  There are 16 shirt fronts, each measuring 16" square.  Two of the shirts needed a little extra and, as you can see, I added spacers.  The shirts are backed with a lightweight interfacing.

 This is the back of the quilt.  It was a grey material from my stash.  The piece I had was not quite long enough, so I had to add about 5" at the bottom.  It blended nicely.  In the bottom corner is a label, and the quilt is bound with bright orange.
 Here is a close up of the quilting on the front.  I used grey thread, quite a bit of it, actually, and did a loopy meander.  The grey blended well with most of the pieces and didn't interfere with the logos or designs on the shirt fronts.
 Not the best picture, but the label says "To Shane Love Mom".  My coworker is the mom in this case.  Nice gal.
 There was one extra shirt front.  I turned it into a pillow case for a throw pillow.  I made an enclosed seam for it so there were no raw edges to unravel.
The back was two pieces sewn together on three sides, forming a pocket where the pillow form can be inserted.  The pocket overlaps a few inches.  I never realized how fat my hands are.  Ugh.

Anyway, it's done and will be delivered this week.  On to the next project!

No comments: