Thursday, March 1, 2012

Doubts dispelled

I was having some doubts that I would be able to complete the baby quilt in time for the shower on Sunday.  When I started the quilting on it, I started a rather tight meandering loop pattern with a fairly small stitch.  It's what the quilt needed (I would say it's what the quilt told me it wanted, but people are starting to look at me funny...).  Since I had quilted a decent size section of it with this tight pattern, I had to continue it throughout the quilt.  I was starting to doubt that I was going to finish it on time.  Well, tonight I went up and did some more quilting on it, and it is close to halfway quilted now.  I think I will have plenty of time to get it finished.  I'm shooting for tomorrow, Friday, to have the quilting completed and possibly even bound and finished.  Not sure what the little baby's name will be, so the label may just be the year and my initials.  We will see.

The gal brought me more fabric today at work.  I gave her a few bucks for it, but I really can't use half of what I bought.  Rather than bring it all home, sort through it, then haul it all the way back to the thrift store to drop off, I decided to go straight to the thrift store drop box after work.  I did a quick sort through it and left about half of it at the drop box.  What she brought the first time was right up my alley, cotton prints, bright colors, stuff like that.  Then today she brought stuff I really wasn't that interested in.  Big chunks of drapery fabric, some denim, stretchy material, stuff like that.  There was a bit of good stuff in it, so I took it, but I'm glad that's it now.  I went to the grocery store after work and when I got home and got all the groceries in the house and put away, I was not in a mood to sort through that stuff, so I didn't even bring it in from the trunk.  It will be there tomorrow. 

Monday, a coworker is bringing me more quilting material that a friend of hers has had in storage.  She doesn't want any money for it.  I hope it's some good stuff.

No comments: