Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I said DUCKS

Oh, I can't stop laughing... 

I am planning a trip with my husband in May.  One of the places we are considering staying at is a famous hotel.  This hotel has a unique little thing about it where these ducks parade through the lobby each day to get to a fountain.  It's an expensive hotel, at least in my little world, and I wanted to get a low rate if possible. 

I got online with one of these services that finds lower rates.  It would not tell me the name of the hotel, so I got on their chat forum.  Here is what I said:  "I know you can't tell me the name of the hotel, but if you can see the name of the hotel, do you know if it has anything to do with ducks?"

Now, I understand that the letter "S" and the letter "D" are close to each other on the keyboard.  What the representative typed back about made me fall out of my chair.  She typed:  Once you book, you will be able to call the hotel and ask about the availability of (okay, you fill in the blank with what she typed - rhymes with ducks, but different first letter!  thankfully it was an S and not what is on the other side of the D on the keyboard!).

I could not type fast enough!  I typed back, "I said DUCKS!  There is a hotel that is famous for its DUCKS.  They walk through the lobby.  It's very clean and family oriented.  I am not a pervert!"

Now, I'm laughing so hard, because the gal didn't type anything back, and I just ended the chat session shaking my head. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH this is hilarious! She was so mortified that she didn't reply....or on the other hand, she didn't even *get* what you were telling her.

Lisa Garrett-Bryan said...

It is the Peabody hotel in TN