Sunday, March 25, 2012

What makes people think...

What makes the repair people think it's okay to put their stickers on my property?  I've noticed it before with computers (years ago, before Nick could fix them!), on the furnace, and with our piano.  The piano was inside and the computer was on the back.  Those didn't bother me.  A while back I took my Kenmore sewing machine to a repair person (who didn't really repair it, if you all remember correctly).  I may have crabbed about this issue then, but it just burns me up.  I brought that machine down to the kitchen yesterday and noticed, again, where the repair people had put a sticker right in the front of the machine, by the light switch.  I had taken the sticker off when I got the machine home, thoroughly disgusted at the time, but there was some residual writing on my machine from it.  Now, I'm not going to tell you that machine is in pristine condition, but the wear and tear on it was from me, not some stranger who thought they could fix sewing machines.  I've tried to get the markings off, but it was like they wrote on the sticker while it was on my machine and they are etched into the bed.

I won't be going back to this repair person, mainly because at the time I was disappointed in them, and I did  tell them that.  But I just didn't need a reminded every time I use the machine about their shoddy work.  I am going to get one of those 'Magic Eraser's" from the store today and see if I can gently get rid of the marks.

Did a lot of cutting and pressing yesterday.  I cut the pieces for Bonnie Hunter's Star Struck pattern.  I'm changing it up a bit, so I hope it turns out okay.  I am making a small top from scraps from the 36 patch quilt.  I'm trying to use all blues to make it a quilt for a baby boy.  Didn't have quite enough blue scraps left, so I threw a few zingers in there.  I think it will turn out okay.

2 comments:

Delia15 said...

If it seems to be permanent marker try alcohol which works on most non porous surfaces. Delia

bunbear said...

thanks, Delia, I'll give that a try. appreciate the tip!