Monday, March 19, 2012

Joshua James | Coal War

Joshua James | Coal War

Has anyone heard this artist?  I heard Coal War on Son's of Anarchy's first episode last season and really liked the song.  I'm trying to find more of his music like this song.  Some of the music seems dark and rather depressed and the pictures of the artist make me want to sit him down and feed him.  Looks like he needs a month of home cooked meals.  Of course, anyone that knows what my hubby looks like will know that I'm rather biased toward thin fellows!  I always said that if Mammy would have met Everett she would have set her mind to putting some meat on his bones.

Anyway, I'd be real curious to know what prompted the song lyrics and what the song means to him.

Nick, being the musician in the family, finally enlightened me to what an 'indie' band is.  I feel pretty foolish, because it's really rather simple - it means independent, and not a reference to a country or culture...  duh.

No comments: