Sunday, March 4, 2012

It snowed!

This is the strangest weather we have had in so long.  Today it snowed!  The ground is covered (the grass, anyway) and it looks so pretty!  It's just so odd that we had tornado watches a few days ago and snow today.  Weird weather for sure.

And I know I'm beating it into the ground, but I sure do feel better having that weather radio!  I got it programmed for our area to alert us when there is a tornado warning and severe storm warning.  I also have the alarm set for the clock radio part and put my old clock radio away for a much needed rest.

To help those in blogland to understand my fear of storms, I probably should mention that when our daughter was less than a year old and I was pregnant with my son we experienced a tornado.  We had a basement, but you had to go outside to get into it.  My husband wasn't home from work yet, so it was just me and the kids.  I remember saying a LOT of Hail Mary's, and watching the rain blowing sideways in circles.  We weathered the storm but there were dozens of people killed and the apartment complex where we had lived when we were first married was severely damaged.  So that's why I have a fear/respect for storms. 

I went to the baby shower today and gave the mom to be the quilt.  I have pics of it, just haven't uploaded them from the camera yet.

No comments: