Friday, March 2, 2012

So close

I am very close to having the baby quilt done.  I have the quilting all finished and sewed the binding to the back of the quilt.  I have stitched down on top one side of the binding.  I just was too tired to keep going to finish up those other three sides!  They won't take me long and I'll get them done first thing in the morning tomorrow.  I just wanted to have it finished tonight so I could feel like it was done a little tiny bit in advance, rather than the day before!  haha.

I've got all those tee shirt pieces to cut and sew together for my coworker.  She wants that quilt for her son.  I think it will be a nice gift.  Want to at least get started cutting them tomorrow.  Won't have a lot of time to work on it, but at least want to start.  Ev and I are thinking of going out to Fenton, MO to a place that sells nothing but boots.  He has to get a pair for riding and should really look at some work boots, although he has his mind set that he's going to get them from the boot truck that comes to work.

There was more horrible weather today in our part of the country.  Luckily we were spared again.  There have been something like 80 tornadoes in the last couple days.  That's just awful.  I hope that weather radio I ordered gets here really quick.

Ivy had to go to the vet today for her yearly rabies and other shots.  The vet just made up all over her about how good she looked.  She has a beautiful coat, which I attribute to her daily dose of fish oil, and she isn't overweight like a lot of lab and lab mix dogs are.  He said her teeth looked good too and commented that with those legs she must run like a gazelle!  I told him and his crew about our adventure in the Shawnee National Forest and almost losing her when she got to running!  I picked up flea meds for her and for the cat and also heartworm meds for the dog.  I don't want to get behind the 8 ball with those stinking fleas this year!

1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

I've been through Fenton, but never stopped. It was always a drive-by from Kansas to Tennessee for us! So glad Ivy had a good checkup and that ya'll didn't get hit by the tornadoes. Hope Ev finds his boots!

LaDonna