Wednesday, February 6, 2013

All lined up

...and ready to sew!  See the line of matched pieces going up to the machine?  And see the line going out the back?  I was a busy little sewer last night!

It was kind of funny, really, because I just had to drag myself upstairs at first.  At quarter after six I thought I would just go and do fifteen minutes on the machine, just enough time to get the stack I already had cut sewn together.  Well, after those were done, it really wasn't a big deal to sit up there and press those strips while Wheel of Fortune was on, so I did that.  Then I started watching another program and finished pressing the strips.  I still had energy, so I went ahead and cut all the strips into matching sets, ready to be fed into the machine! 

It was 8:30 when I finally came downstairs!  And that was only because my daughter came home at 8 and asked when I would be done upstairs because she really wanted to go to bed and didn't want to hear the t.v. or machine!

It felt really good to get all that done.  Tonight I'm going to the gym directly after work.  I'll probably spend an hour there.  Then I intend to make some potato pancakes and sausage links for supper.  If I feel like it, I may just head upstairs and get some more sewing done!  Who knows, this could become a habit!  hahaha

I haven't purchased the book "Fifteen Minutes of Play", however the concept of just doing 15 minutes of sewing every day is not a new one.  The book does look interesting and it's on my list.  I may end up purchasing it in Paducah at the Quilt Show this April.

Yesterday morning I put together that ham and bean soup for dinner in the crock pot.  It turned out very very good.  I was pleased with it.  Send a container over to my uncle.  I know he enjoys that kind of stuff, too.

No comments: