Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dinner plans

Tonight I'm probably eating out with family, although I will still have to make or bring something home for Ev at least I don't have to make a big meal.  The last few days I have been cooking and I'm ready for a night off. 

What I do want to start doing is putting on the blog what we are having or have had for dinner each day.  I desperately need new ideas to incorporate into our menus.  Last night was a new recipe - Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Jo.  It was okay, but not really much of a keeper.  A couple weeks ago I made a taco pie with crescent rolls for the top crust.  That was a keeper and I've already made it a second time.

I've recently made prepackaged parmesan breaded chicken breasts.  They were good with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and a salad.  We also had a home made lasagna with what was left from the spaghetti sauce last week.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love the blog Mennonite Girls Can Cook. I get lots of ideas there--sometimes I make their recipes, but at least as often their recipes spark other new ideas.
Sometimes BHG posts meals that can be ready in 30 minutes or less as well.