Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Some chicken

To be read as the words in Charlotte's Web "Some Pig".  Some Chicken.  That's what I ended up having last night, although it was not fried.  Uncle Ray and I went out to dinner and instead of fried chicken I had the chicken salad sandwich.  It was good, and I'm glad I had it instead of the fried.  But I do love fried chicken....

I marked some squares to make half square triangle blocks yesterday.  I need to mark 60 squares to make 120 half square triangle blocks.  That's not too bad.  I've just got to get it done then sew those little puppies and keep moving.

I'm kind of hoping we get snowed in tomorrow!  If I am home, and there is power, I should be able to make some major progress on things.  Kind of doubt that it will happen though, because the bad weather isn't supposed to start until in the morning.  Maybe I will at least get out of work a couple hours early if it gets bad.  We shall see....  Johanna is supposed to drive to school in the morning for a test so I'm hoping the bad weather holds off for her until she is home.  Or that the University cancels classes.  Fat chance of that, though, as they hardly ever do that.

Another quilter and I have been emailing and she mentioned something she does on her longarm that I think I might give a try one of these days.  She loads up a big old chunk of "what was I thinking" fabric as the back for a quilt, throws whatever batting she has on it, then another chunk of miscellaneous fabric for the top.  She just keeps adding batting and top material until she is out of backing, quilting it however she wants.  Then she cuts it apart and binds it, making pet beds for the animal shelter.  I think this is just a wonderful way to donate time and energy to a very worthy cause.  Plus, it will help clear out the stash of that, shall we say, UGH, fabric?  hee hee hee.  Most of my questionable fabric is what people donated to me when they learned that I quilt, so I don't have any attachment to it, other than that I am a packrat and have a hard time throwing anything out.  This would also provide a great opportunity for me to practice some more and not worry too much how things turn out.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

So, did you get enough snow to stay home?
I stayed home from choir tonight because I wasn't sure if I could make it home if I was a few hours later. (Turns out I could have made it, but I'm wondering what we'll have in the morning.)