Thursday, February 21, 2013

Some 'after' pictures

We did get snow and sleet.  Our office closed at noon and we are not going to be open tomorrow.  I was within sight of my house on my way home from work when I saw the first snowflake.  Great timing!


The first two pictures were taken early in the storm.  It came down fast and heavy.  The second pictures were about midway through.  At the end of the snow, I think we had about 3 inches total with a little ice or sleet on top of it.

I got a lot of sewing done today!  This extra time has been a real gift!  I'm working on a quilt that is a present for someone and it needs to be done this weekend, so I'm really grateful for the extra time! 

I worked on the quilt from 2:30 to 8:45 tonight.  Made myself quit because I was tired.  I also found I had sewn a piece incorrectly and that's a big sign it's time to call it a night!  The biggest time drain was cutting half square triangle blocks down to size.  Yuck.


1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I don't like cutting half-square triangles down to size either--in fact, I've yet to find a technique I really like.
Most of our snow melted--still plenty in the shadows of the hills and mountains. As I left church tonight large snowflakes were falling--although as I headed out of the mountains, it stopped snowing.
So no sew day for me. Glad you enjoyed yours.