Thursday, February 21, 2013

The 'before' picture...maybe

This is a picture of my car, at work, on the totally dry pavement at 8 a.m.  The weather service is calling for a massive winter storm to hit today, so here is the 'before the storm' picture.  That white stuff on the blacktop is not ice - just rock or something.  It is cold, though.
So, we shall see what the weather brings.  If it starts to get too bad, I'm outta here.  I'll head the 8 miles home and be snug as a bug in a rug, if the power doesn't go out!  I did some sewing last night on the Gracie, my Featherweight.  She just purrs like a kitten!  I keep her down in the main part of the house, not in the sewing room, so I can set her up on the kitchen table and sew.  Now that we have new lighting in the kitchen, it's so nice and bright in there.  It's pleasant to sit at the table and piece while I have supper cooking on the stove and the t.v. on in the background.  I did that for over an hour last night and got quite a bit done!

Not sure, but I might take her with on my trip to Paducah.  If I've been using her and there doesn't seem to be any issues, Gracie would be the perfect travel machine because of her size and weight.

No comments: