Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mystery Solved

While visiting my mom this past weekend, we came across this photograph.  We were pretty sure it was a relative, but weren't sure who.  I brought the pic home with me and asked my uncle last night if he knew who it was.  He knew immediately that it was his father's sister, Annie.  He told me that she was his favorite aunt and had been born in 1904.

For some reason, I'm fascinated with this picture.  I see shades of myself in her face.  I also think about the fact that decades ago she sat and posed for this photo.  Did she, in her wildest imagination, ever think that her great great niece would take a photo of the picture on a digital camera phone and upload it to a blog on the internet?  I doubt it.

What was her life like as a girl?  Did she learn to quilt or crochet?  She was my great grandfather's sister.  Now, to many that wouldn't be much of a connection, but I was so very fortunate to actually have lived with my great grandparents when I was young, up to about the age of 9.  I have a close connection in my heart to them.

So, Great Great Aunt Annie, send a smile down to me from Heaven and know that you are not forgotten.  And say hi to Great Grandpa!

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I absolutely love old pictures like this and the history that goes with them....and the clothes,of course, and the hairstyles, and the accessories...and the furnishings....and, and, and.