Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Giving credit where due

I would love to give credit where it's due, but for the life of me I am not able to remember where I saw this block put together!  Here's what I'm talking about:
The inside rectangles are sewn into 4 patches, then a strip is added on either side.  They will be alternated, side strips going vertical then horizontal.  I have gone back through the blogs I like to read, thinking it was on one of them, but can't find it.  The pattern might have come from Missouri Star Quilt Co. as I like to look at their tutorials, but I just don't know.

Anyway, it's a real nice block to make and pretty basic.  The inner pieces were made using two and a half inch strip sets, sewn into pairs, then subcut into three and a half inch sections.  They are sewn to another section of the same type into rectangles that will then measure six and a half inches long and four and a half inches tall.  A strip one and a half inches wide is sewn to each of the long sides. 


That's where I'm at now.  I chain pieced the rectangles to the strips and now I need to cut them apart and press them.  Then I'm going to put them together into blocks of four.  I do have about four strips to sew the sides too yet.  That won't take long.

Don't know if I will get much sewing done tonight.  Right after work I'm going to the gym for an hour (I pay to be tortured!).  Then at 7pm I'm planning to go to Ash Wednesday Mass.  By the time I get home it will be 8 and I doubt I'll get upstairs then.  Maybe I will just press some blocks while watching t.v.

I watched the second night of Westminster last night.  The Old English Sheepdog came in second for Best in Show, beat out by the Affenpinscher.  Personally, I liked the Sheepdog better.  He just looked like a big old loveable dog!

No comments: