Sunday, May 19, 2013

Benefit quilt

Last night I went to the benefit auction that I had donated the baby quilt to.  Things were going at a quick pace during the auction.  There was a lot of stuff to move through including a few quilts and afghans.  The baby quilt I made went for $40.  That was good, but considering what other items were going for, I wish it had sold for more.  I ended up buying a basket with pizza making goodies, including a pizza cutter, pizza pan and cookbooks.  I think the benefit was quite a success.

I have all the batik squares sewn together into pairs and ready to be assembled into rows.  I also found some different but similar black material that I decided to use as a border on Cascading Colors.  I was going to buy something, but found this and it will work.  Today if I'm lucky I will get some time to do some sewing and maybe even get one of the quilts loaded on Gemma.

We have a lot of yard work to do today.  The front yard is still a mess.  I hate that Ev has to work 6 days a week then come home and work in the yard on his day off.  I'll help as much as I can.

Right now we are getting ready to go out for a late breakfast.  Yum!

No comments: