Friday, May 10, 2013

One down, one to go

I finished quilting Stained Glass last night.  That was a relief to get off the frame.  I just had such a time with it getting those loops on the backside!  It was driving me nuts! 

When I put Cascading Colors on the frame I'm going to try a small section with the varigated thread and see how it does.  If I get pokies as bad on it as I did on Stained Glass, I'm going to use the same solid color on the back and front.  I was not pleased at all with the final product, but it's done and just going to have to live with it.

Tonight I'm meeting friends for dinner at the Mexican restaurant in the next town over.  That is fairly early, like 5:30, so I'm thinking that I can at least get that baby quilt loaded when I get home.  And maybe go to the gym, if I feel so inclined.  Which I probably won't...  sigh.

Tomorrow morning the vet's office is only open from 8 to 10 so I have to make sure and take Ivy over there to get a true weight, then get her flea and heartworm meds.  There's a new combination pill for everything that they take once a month.  I'm going to get one month for Ivy and one month for the cat, Shadow, just to make sure they can take it okay.  Then I'll drop the big bucks and get the six month package as long as there are no problems.

No comments: