Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Doodles

Sometimes I get bored.  Lately, my down time has been taken up with some doodling.  One of the books I purchased in Paducah was "Hooked on Feathers".  Here's a little bit of my doodles:





There's a difference between doodling on paper with a pen and doodling on material with needle and thread.  But there is such a thing as muscle memory and I know that the doodling on paper will help with that. 

Sometimes I think that I should be better on Gemma by now, having had the longarm for a year, but I also cut myself some slack because I do work a full time job outside the home.  I'm probably my own worse critic and am a bit timid about trying new things on a quilt.  What I should do is throw a practice quilt on the machine and just go for it.  It seems like I never have time for that because I always have a 'good' quilt on the frame!  haha.

No comments: