Thursday, May 30, 2013

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law was at work tonight while I was at work on Gemma finishing the quilting on Cascading Colors.  This is the very bottom corner of the quilt - where I ran out of bobbin thread!
At least I had one more bobbin wound with the right thread and didn't have to take the cone off of the machine!  One last look at the quilt on the frame:
And a close up of the quilting:
The thread was YLI varigated that I bought in Paducah on a 3000 yd cone.  Since the backing was muslin this time it sewed like a dream.  I didn't have the tension issues like I had with Stained Glass.

Now I have both of those quilts waiting for a label and binding.  I really want to get them done tomorrow night but not making any promises!  I also have the batik 10" squares in the warm colors to finish up.  The top isn't finished yet, but I would like to have that done by the end of the weekend and on the frame.  I've got high hopes...  What Disney movie was that song from?  Am I showing my age?  haha

We have storms again tonight.  This time I was in the basement.  Of course, I was sewing, but that still counts.  I'm real glad the power didn't go out this time around.  It seems that the storm isn't over, but the worse of it seems to have passed for the moment.



1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I'm so glad the tension issues disappeared.
I hope the storms leave only water behind!
(We have a wild fire growing rapidly in the high winds north of Pecos. We have high winds here, but no fires, thank goodness.)